1. Genuine rattan chairs are made from fast-growing vines, so when you buy a rattan dining set you're protecting timber forests. Rattan is a far more sustainable material than wood, and it's far lighter and cushier on the tush.
2. Genuine rattan furniture is softer, airier and breathable. It flexes slightly and contours your body for unmatched comfort. Those natural advantages make it more vulnerable to sun and rain, so use real rattan only indoors or on shaded porches.
3. Collect the whole set! Most of our rattan chairs are available with matching rattan coffee tables, end tables, and even rattan rockers.
4. Rattan furniture has an intimate natural beauty, especially when accented with contrasting color fibers like banana and bamboo. The soothing earthy hue adds a welcoming warmth and friendliness to your home.
5. Why do people prefer rattan hampers? The natural fibers that make up rattan furniture and accent pieces breathe and release moisture so your clothes don't mildew. Genuine rattan also has a natural woody scent that refreshes even dirty clothes.
6. Half the fun of owning wicker rattan furniture is decorating it with bright, cheerful throw pillows, wicker seat pads and papasan cushions. Colorful prints in stripes and nature themes look fabulous atop rattan's warm tones.
7. The rich dark color of natural rattan bedroom furniture makes a perfect oasis at the end of the day. Real rattan can be tinted lighter or darker with a wicker wash, which heightens its beauty and provides you with more decorating choices.
8. Sun and rain will speed the demise of any natural fiber, rattan included. If you want the beauty of rattan furniture for your outdoor patio or deck, go with resin wicker outdoor furniture, which is just as charming but loves the outdoors.
9. Although our rattan furniture selection is strong on old-fashioned charm, you'll be surprised at our variety of modern rattan chairs and loveseats. These angular, artistic designs are cutting edge contemporary.