Our Price: $766.00
Indoor Wicker Accents
Indoor Wicker Furniture Tips for Eclectic Decor
1. From low-cost cottage to globetrotting eclectic, indoor wicker furniture makes itself at home in a wide variety of interior decorating styles. Cottage, coastal, beach, and tropical decors are wicker furniture's specialties, but wicker's also a natural fit for 19th century-inspired interiors—white Victorian wicker furniture, for example, or travel-themed accents such as bamboo overlay steamer trunks.
2. One of the biggest differences between outdoor and indoor wicker furniture is the wicker itself. Outdoor wicker is almost always resin wicker, a weather-resistant, highly durable synthetic. Indoors, wicker furniture is most commonly made from materials such as natural rattan, banana bark rope, and abaca.
3. White wicker bedroom furniture is where Victorian ornamentation is most dramatically displayed, with antique styles featuring intricate weaves and braided designs in white and whitewash finishes. Our wicker bedroom furniture selection includes nightstands, dressers, classic Victorian wicker daybeds, beds, and headboards for twin, full, and queen-sized beds.
4. If you love wicker but find that it contrasts sharply with your home's interior decorating style, simply rethink "interior." Transitional spaces such as sunrooms and covered porches are ideal hideaways for wicker's casual, outdoorsy comfort. There's always time for napping and reading with wicker sunroom furniture pieces such as wicker rocking chairs and wicker Papasans.
5. Single seaters such as Papasans and rockers may be the wicker chair's most iconic forms, but contemporary wicker chairs are all about sharing the coziness. Wicker conversation sets have gained popularity as more decorators employ family rooms, sunrooms, and indoor/outdoor patios to create casual, multi-purpose living spaces.
6. As accents in living rooms, sunrooms, and studies, wicker coffee tables and end tables help keep wood furniture ensembles on the lighter side. Their rougher natural textures have an accessible, tactile quality that wood sometimes lacks. Wicker accent tables also combine wood, rattan, and rope, yielding richer colors and surface contrasts.
7. There's a reason why we call them wicker dining sets instead of wicker dining room furniture. With wicker, dining is a moveable feast. Depending on their material—natural rattan or outdoor resin wicker—indoor wicker dining chairs and tables could be set up in a patio, sunroom, or dining room, or bistro-style next to a home bar.
8. Though wicker is a laidback style, it doesn't get along with every type of decor. But there is one exception: wicker storage trunks and baskets. Wicker storage baskets, bowls, and banana trunks have a material unity of form and function that can blend in with most modern and traditional interiors.
9. Natural textures are seldom a bathroom decor's forte. If all that white porcelain and ceramic seems needlessly cold, wicker bathroom furniture could help tropicalize your bathroom's visual temperature. Our wicker bathroom storage hampers include close weaves and wide weaves for contemporary and cottage-style bathrooms.
10. Wicker planters are the most natural of wicker accents—after all, what better holder for botanical displays than a plant-derived product? Along with natural wicker planters, WickerFurniture.com carries black resin wicker planters that combine hand-woven construction and rust-proof aluminum frames for natural style and superior all-weather performance.
Find more information in our Indoor Wicker Furniture Helpful Information section!
Indoor Wicker Furniture